Monday, April 6, 2009

Brewday, the 1st of Weeping

For the past few days, Phenix has been humoring my rather scholarly activities; not only did he assist me with moving some of my library to the suite next to his in Irontoes, but he has also gone out with me to recover pages of several tomes I've been working on.

He's taken a surprising interest in the transcription of Kane Bayle's trial, though we've gotten to a point where we can do little work on recovering the document on our own. Its almost as though it has caused him to remember something, as I've only ever seen him passionate about things he remembers or things that involve doing pirate work.

Still, despite our progress there coming to a grinding hault, he has suffered through the rather boring process of recovering the writings of the Cellus family in Antonica. For a short time today we even had the aid of a rather talented monk named Saiwynna - I believe that was what she said, she was, after all, compeating with the barking of gnolls at the time she spoke.

After we recovered the complete transcript of both Ignata and Isabella, the three of us journied into the Thundering Steppes to try and work on the Third Key; we became distracted by others who needed to finish work up for the armoursmith Ian. As Phenix had some work to do for him as well, and some of my work with Selwyn involved the same things, we all set out to finish that off.

We got through a good bit before we found ourselves exhausted. Phenix is sleeping right now next door, and I'm here writing things down - I suppose he's deep enough in his sleep for me to slip back in there now.

It is pleasant to have found a friend - at all, I suppose, but especially one who does not mind my scholarly ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment