Monday, April 6, 2009

Brewday, the 8th of Weeping 3725

A little over two days ago, I finally confronted Brodis. I cannot honestly say that I summoned him, as I was using a book on Infernal Pacts over a book on Elemental Summoning - it did catch his attention though, and even though his innervention caused a very severe magical backlash that melted some of the sand into glass, it was the first thing to tip me off that he was not actually a demon.

We had a very long discussion, that ranged from disturbing to angering to rather calming; I believe in some respects the two of us learned quite a bit more about one another that anyone aside from Phenix could claim to know.

There are reprocussions to meeting with a being such as Brodis, though they are not what others would impress them upon me to be - yet, perhaps. I do not wish to limit myself by stating that their assumptions do not hold any possible truth, however I find them far fetched.

Mostly, I am left hearing Nature clearly...and since he allowed me to hear Norrath during our talk, I can faintly hear the whispers of our planet beneath the cacophony of Nature. I find it hard to remain completely focused on the more material world now, and my control over various natural elements has grown in leaps and bounds.

Sometimes, I can almost make out the words, and I alway wonder if perhaps Brodis is near by again, waiting for me to understand what is being told - Norrath had said I did not listen and did not know several times that eve...perhaps someday I will.

During part of our confrontation, I believe I became what a Fury truly is, in it most simple and basic form. Perhaps it is a more convoluted perspective, tinged by what Brodis shared with me, but I find it more natural than anything before now.

Now a constant wind surrounds me, colder than that of the air about wherever I am at; it remains placid when I am calm or detatched, and gains strength when I am empassioned. It stays very close to me unless I set it loose upon someone or someplace, and almost seems like a cloak at times.

Other elements are manifesting as well, as that strange absinthe coloured flame I can summon has become like breathing, while a gentle rain falls nearby when tears are spilled from my eyes. The earth has emparted me some strength more than it did before, and both light and shadow have begun to manifest as well.

I suppose the most relieving part of our conversation was to learn why Brodis has done this last trick to Phenix, and while others perhaps will never believe that he did so out of a deep and binding love, I experienced that sensation, and know that Brodis was telling the truth when he explained that his only intention was to give Phenix a chance at the life they'd both lost in the past.

That sensation still lingers, haunting me. Somehow it has bound me up in whatever entwines them, perhaps only in the desire to have that sensation from them...with them myself.

Of course, knowing this, I know feel guilty for trying to find the answers to the vague memories he experienced after Latharos spoke to us in Stormhold that day, however I feel if we avoid such things and people from now on - until after he's had a chance to experience the things Brodis desired for him to, without limitation - what damage has been done can be healed.

Eventually, there will come a time when it is right for Phenix to know what has transpired in his past and on the night I spoke to Brodis; his Father created another tattoo after expanding upon the ones I already had with his power and told me that if I wished to know Phenix' past, I would just have to read what was written on my arm.

Conveniently, there are no books within the Concordium nor the Tower of Arcane Sciences that contain the language that was used on the band - I am beginning to believe there is no book on Norrath that containes the answer, and that someday I shall just look at it and Brodis will reveal it to me.

Phenix knows none of this, and will know very little once he returns - he unfortunately was setting off again on the King's Fury, and unfortunately was given no idea of how long it would be before they returned. At first this did nothing more than upset me, however I keep hearing whispers within Nature that unsettle me, as if they are trying to warn me that he is in danger or that something has happened to him.

I am left to struggle with these things alone, and even some of them I could not share with Phenix in the first place - Brodis warned me that if Phenix knew what I was, then I could not keep him. I believe it has something to do with his name for me - Darkfae - though I do not understand why Phenix would despise a faekin when he was once so close to Diera.

Vahhn was brought into the realisation that I had spoken to Brodis, and he became very narrow-minded about the situation fairly quickly. He seemed to almost demand I keep my presense away from him, as he believed my ties to Brodis would cause him to know where Vahhn was and allow him to extract revenge for the "protection" of Areanna so long ago by taking away his most dearest desire right now.

Sadly, he was to set in his beliefs that he had been given years ago to even really fathom the idea that perhaps Brodis was not the fiend they believed him to be, and that he had no use for revenge against anyone from that time.

I suspect that Duvessa somehow knows something of this, as she seemed to almost accuse me of setting the plague that has begun to appear on Norrath. I know that she is a long lived being that may or may not have had ties to these Shadow Striders and Wind Runners that Phenix was a part of, and I am beginning to suspect she has found out of my encounter with Brodis.

More and more faces from the past are turning up at the Raven, Mythic. Perhaps they are drawn there by Duvessa's presence, seeking out others they once knew; perhaps it is just a coincidence that they keep working themselves out from the woodworks. Either way, I think it would be best to remain away from the Raven once Phenix returns, as I suspect that despite his young appearance, others will easily recongnise him as Latharos did.

I would like to, from now on, further Brodis' intentions if possible. While I am beginning to question if I was perhaps wrong about how things were between Phenix and I...I cannot quite say I can give to him the happiness his Father so desperately desires for him - but I will try to grant him every whim and desire he ever expresses.

For now, I shall concentrate on my studies of Nature and Norrath, and learn what I can from my mentor while I begin to gather an Order about me. Our library is done, and my mentor has state he has found those he thinks I will agree belong with us. Slowly, over time, it shall no longer need such direct innervention, as it has already started drawing attention on its own.

To keep me company, my mentor has given me a nightflyer named Oebalus. The creature is highly intelligent, and quite a bit older than the baby dragon we keep, and seems to understand a lot more subtle nuances of our language and general being. The stray of his sister and the dragon sleep up on the bed with me, but after a few nights ago, it is not comfort enough.

Hopefully Phenix returns home soon, unharmed...

No comments:

Post a Comment