Monday, April 6, 2009

Windday, the 2nd of Greyeven 3725

For years, since shortly before my thirteenth birthday, I've had indistinct nightmares plague my sleep quite often. For quite some time, they were but vague images of fire and ice but since I gave up trying to be an entertainer and answered the calling of Nature, they've grown worse.

Now after several encounters with the Unseelie fae within the Peat Bog, it's becoming frighteningly distinct and realistic.

It always starts out with a picturesque scene of a lush, green land filled with halfling holes and a few larger wooden buildings. There is some sort of stream or lake or something there too, and fields full of fresh fruits and vegetables. The sun is shining, birds are singing, and happiness can be felt all about this little vale. It reminds me of the Baubleshire, but larger and filled with more lush vestiments of nature.

This blissful serenity never lasts for long in the dream; an imposing shadow blankets the hamlet as a large demonic being walks towards the halfling holes. The demon is followed by scores of other demonic beings, corrupted animals and dark faeries.

My perspective is that of someone within their ranks, fluttering slowly towards this little scene with a mind full of Chaos. The person I am experiencing the dream through does not quite understand why they have chosen this place, but looks forward to the Discord that will come forth.

I know that the being I'm seeing all of this through was weak before her kind encountered the demons, and that through pacts and trysts with their dark saviors, they became stronger. I am not sure if this being received her powers through a pact, or if she was one of the offspring of the older dark faeries and their demon lovers. But I know that her powers are both fae and demonic...such an abomination of Nature.

With a bellow of darkness, the large demon cast down the first flames of battle upon the vale. Within moments, all of these beings are calling down flame, ice and lightning - their intent the destruction of the halflings and their allies within.

It is then I see my hands, tiny and delicate, stretching out before me to call down the powers of Nature...but it is not pure, and feels so different from how I do so in the waking world. The creature I am in this dream still does not understand why they are attacking, but delights in the havoc their assault sends rippling through the world; such Discordant energy only fuels her more and soon the questions leave her in her Chaotic dance.

Though the dream becomes indistinct again, blurring into images I cannot yet comprehend, I believe these monsters won against the halflings within this vale. I must find more information about the history of these small fellows to see if there is any record of such an assault.

Unfortunately, these little faeries within the bog seem to have it out for me, as I find myself having to go against them in battle to recover some bits of lore.

On a brighter note, my studies of Nature are flourishing and yeilding promising results. The healing powers of a druid are far more varied than that of a priest, and the regenerative magics have proven far more dependable than the simplistic direct heals I had learned previously. Though admittabley, my favourite thus far has been the chilling power of ice I've learned to call - the sound of freezing and the glittering of the ice as it envelopes an enemy is almost euphoric.

I believe my calling is that of a Fury, but I still am conferring with those of greater power upon that matter. I have a few more things to learn before I will have to chose my true path, but if the feeling that the call of ice gives me is any indication, I already know the answer.

For now, I must return to my studies within Vermin's Snye and hopefully finish this guide one Hasten Bootstrutter has left about Antonica, of course along with the History book I've found on the Halflings.

Nai i Valar nauvar as elyë.

No comments:

Post a Comment