Monday, April 6, 2009

Soulday, the 9th of Greyeven 3725

Well, I didn't do much studying of Nature today, nor did I study for very long. It was a rather dull day outside, I almost expected it to rain but I know that it rarely - if ever - rains on this side of the world. The unbalance of the most primal essences of this world bother me greatly, and witnessing them even in this small form drove me back into the city.

Some lads at the Lure were speaking about a rather well to do private bar run by a rather prestigous Ratonga named Shank. Some of the more flamboyant ones - the ones I know to be the kind of seafarers that live on the edge of the law - mentioned the idea of frequenting there more than the Lure, so I decided to wonder over and take a peak.

I met some very interesting individuals there, to say the least.

Though I felt rather awkward and self concious, my nervousness was lessened when a rather large Barbarian named Bruan approached me and welcomed me to the establishment. Seems he doesn't work there, however he's quite familiar with the bar, and explained where we were to leave our pay for our drinks. He poured me some sweet wine, and a young man named Blaise introduced himself to me.

Poor Blaise. I thought I was a nervous wreck around people, but it seems that this Ayr`Dal is more terrified than I am - he speaks with a studder, and seems quite nervous all the time. At least Faeadaen taught me how to mostly hide my nervous nature, perhaps I'll try to help Blaise overcome his.

It seems that both Braun and Blaise are gifted with the ability to speak with spirits of the dead, and from what I could gather they are both upon the Shamanistic path of the priest. The path seems strangely fitting for both of them, despite how contrasting they are to each other.

There was another Ayr`Dal there, a rather attractive gentlemen with a few wild piercings and long brown hair. He pulled it back into a long braid down his back, and I was quite surprised to see a man with such long hair - I am far to used to the shorter styles of the Koada`Dal.

He came over to the bar, a good ways away from me, but I could have sworn he was watching me as I leaned back and enjoyed my drink. Before he had the chance to say anything, a Teir`Dal came into the bar...a dark elf...within the walls of Qeynos...I am still not sure what to think of that.

Faeadaen has made it clear that speaking to the dark ones who claim to serve the Queen is unwise, and warned me that if I did so, she would not tolerate it. So rather than wait for someone else to enter and see me, and word to reach Fae, I went into the back room - the strange assortment of pets was better than the Teir`Dal at that moment.

Blaise came to find out what was wrong; leave it to the Ayr`Dal to be so...non-judgemental of the more vile races of Norrath. He seemed quite bothered by the fact that I would not be in the same room with the Teir`Dal, despite explaining to him that the obvious age of the dark elf meant he probably was a fighter in the War of Fey - and probably destroyed our ancestral home.

Once Blaise left, the other Ayr`Dal came back into the room I was in; I half expected another round of questions and opinions about my sudden change of rooms, however that's not what happened.

He introduced himself to me after asking if I was alright. I'm sure I was blushing up a storm the whole time, as he is rather attractive and had a very pleasing voice. His name is Phenix, and after a bit of chatting I found out he was a seafarer, who was part of the crew of the King's Fury...

Of course, I immediately asked him if he'd ever encountered any pirates or the like, and he leaned over - extremely close, actually, I thought I was going to faint from nervousness - and whispered that he was a pirate. After his revelation, I am surprised I didn't faint from excitement!

He pulled away then, apologising for making me uncomfortable and I had to quickly explain it wasn't anything like that at all. To prove this to him, I leaned over and put my lips against his ear to whisper to him about the fact he was a pirate, though I was still marvelling at the fact that one of them was finally talking to me, of all beings on Norrath.

We chatted for a bit longer, until he realized that he was late for his ship's muster. I've heard tale of what pirate captains do to crew who miss important things like muster and all, though I was rather sad to see him go.

Though...he said he'd have to look out for me; being as flustered as I was, I assured him that I would make sure I needed to be looked out for. This seemed to at least amuse him, as he told me he would definately do so.

At some point, Braun and Blaise had departed, though I am unsure if they left seperately or together - it seemed to me that Braun preferred the lads over the ladies, but I am not quite sure. Though I believe there is more of a mentor/student relationship between the two men, at least at the moment.

Since the dashing pirate had left, only myself and the Teir`Dal remained. As casually as possible, I walked to the bar to clean my glass, trying to not glare at him; he was within the city without the guards kicking him out of here or throwing him in the dungeons, so I suppose I should be civil at least.

Eventually, after passing him the towel so he could clean his own glass, I was able to ask him if he had been involved with the War of Fey - he was older than I initially thought, but he told me that he did not think either side would have accepted his assistance if he had been on Faydwer at the time. Surprisingly, he was speaking the truth, which was truly evident in his eyes.

It seems that the Silent Fist at least trust him to a degree, which eases my apprehentions slightly...but only just so...

We discussed his jaded attitude a bit more, and I actually nearly felt sorry for him; it seems as though a truly good person was cursed by the Gods to exist within the shell of a vile creature. However, there are some things that I still need to maintain until I leave Castleview, and I informed the man that I would more than likely have to ignore him unless we met in a setting such as Shank's - Fae would have my hide if she knew I was even in the same room as a dark one, let alone civil to one.

I departed shortly there after, and returned to my room to read over my books - checking of course for any mention of the King's Fury. Sadly, I did not get very far before I found myself tired, and so I committed myself to making an entry now before I sleep. I do so hope this Phenix finds me later - the thought of even speaking to an honest to Norrath pirate is just thrilling!

No comments:

Post a Comment