Monday, April 6, 2009

Windday, the 31st of Warmstill, 3725

Kacer has spent several evenings here in the past week, though I am not comfortable allowing another man to sleep in what was Phenix' bed beside me, so he rests upon the guest bed.

Last eve was so very intense.

Kacer has a tendency to cause or fall into trouble, and such occurred several times last night. When he and the shadow knight began to get into things, I almost became worried that I would have to put both into their place, but when he saw how upset I was, Kacer let the matter drop.

It was then he said something so very...well, it made me feel quite happy despite wishing that Phenix had given such words to me.

He told me how his parents had left him at an inn, making him stay there while the went to their deaths. They had told him that he was their most precious treasure, and that he must be kept safe because he was worth so much to them.

Then Kacer told me that to him, I was a precious treasure, and that I was worth protecting - that he must remember that when I am there, he not only puts himself into danger from his troubles, but me as well and that he cannot allow that.

He is so expressive, which is so different from what I am used to. And each time I tell him that, he tells me he cannot fathom why any man couldn't express such things to me, and I fear that perhaps both Norrath and Brodis were wrong about Phenix' feelings for me. Perhaps I was nothing more than his friend, since he never treated me like this.

The attentions and affections from Kacer are what I've wished to have for so long, I almost faint each time he kisses me, or caresses me. I look forward to going to the Mythic now, and hope in a silent anxiousness that Kacer will ask to sleep here again, though we sleep in seperate rooms.

I've never quite felt this lo...cared for before. Phenix always made it clear he wanted me near him, but never like this; he never was romantic, or affectionate...he was always just...a friend.

Tear stains mark the bottom of the page, mixing into the ink and causing the last few words to run slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment