Monday, April 6, 2009

Windday, the 11th of Blossoming, 3725

Enough is enough.

Despite there being an end in sight, I cannot continue to aid the Temple heal the sick, fight this plague that refuses to leave the bodies of all on Norrath. The work is thankless, it is tiring, it is heartbreaking and there is no longer solace in the power of healing.

An on top of that, my mentor is demanding I concentrate more on my studies – he is angry with the pathetic list of illusions I can barely handle, saying he knows I could do so much more. I loathe being in my own place, as I know he can watch what transpires here through the stones we have – someday I am going to break his into dust for doing so. Far to demanding and far to detached from Norrath to realize how impossible it is to not tend to other things first.

Like the score to a play, beneath it all, Norrath has been weeping, causing the elements to swell with pain and suffering as this pestilence shrouds the land. It has grown stronger, barely lessening when the strange vampires were quelled by T`Haen’s death.

Where once there was just whispering, now there is screaming yet still the sounds are too indistinct, too distant to be understood clearly. They echo within my mind so loudly sometimes that I can no longer think coherently for long – even in sleep I still hear them.

It is all too much.

And so it is time to go back to where they were clear…

No comments:

Post a Comment