Monday, April 6, 2009

Burnday, the 28th of Stargazing 3725

There was a lot that occurred last eve, but the only thing I care to write about at the moment is the ending of the night.

Despite problems with our adventure to the Crypt of Betrayal - someone even vanished before our eyes, the poor ranger - and despite being lectured for them...despite not being told something that was on my mind, Phenix was still rather pleasant to me during our nightly drink.

When I said I was planning to head back to my library to sleep, which I believe he realized there was no bed in that tiny room, he stopped me from leaving and invited me to stay there. Tucked away in the corner of his room, in a stone alcove is a spare bed and table, for guests apparently - though he claims it's never been used.

It was so strange, as my bold little pirate became rather shy and I believe I saw him blush when I told him to not just rush out of his room in the morning, since I did not have anything to sleep in; the robes are far to fine to be slept in, and the leather just too constricting.

The bed was soft, and such a change from falling asleep in my office chair - I wish I could spend every night there, at least the ones we don't spend out under the stars while adventuring.

This morning I decided that it was time to make some use of my savings, and purchased the room beside his in Irontoes. My library is becoming quite crowded as I get more things during my adventures, and of course as I acquire more books. It is high time I moved into a larger space with it, and perhaps have my own space in the back room much like Phenix does in his place.

Moving is long and tiresome, and I've stopped for the night. Even with Phenix' help moving everything from Castleview to North Qeynos, I've managed to work myself into quite a state. Absolutely exhausted...

Suppose I'd best go over there and crawl into bed before I can't move anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment